BBQ Pulled Pork Burrito Bowl
In our home, we can pretty much make a burrito bowl out of anything. One of our favorite things to make it out of is pulled pork. Yummy and perfect for leftovers.
- 2 1/2 pounds trimmed, boneless pork shoulder
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup corn, cooked and drained (you can also grill corn and shave it)
- 1/4 cup roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp green onion, sliced
- garlic salt
- BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- Tapatio (optional)
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Season pork shoulder as desired and place in crockpot. Cover and cook for 4-6 hours on high or 8 hours on low turning every 2 hours.
- Once pork is cooked, place in a large bowl and shred with two forks. Remove and discard any excess fat. Set pulled pork aside.
- Cook brown rice and corn set aside.
- In a strainer, drain black beans of excess juice and set aside.
- Chop lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, green onion, and set aside.
- Slice the avocado and season with a sprinkle of garlic salt and crushed red pepper flakes.
- In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup pulled pork and 1 tbsp desired BBQ sauce and mix until pulled pork is coated.
- To arrange bowl, spoon 1/4 cup rice, BBQ pulled pork, lettuce, tomato, black beans, corn, red onion, shredded cheese, avocado, and green onions as pictured. Add Tapatio (optional).
- Feel free to add more or less of a specific ingredient. Enjoy!