BLT Cheese Crisp
Let’s take the traditional BLT to a new level. This can serve as lunch or a snack. I bet you can’t eat just one.
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2-4 slices of bacon
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 tsp light mayo
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Measure 1/3 cup of shredded cheese and make into a circle, spreading evenly. Make 2 circles, spaced at least 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until little holes have appeared in the surface and the edges begin to brown. I like my edge golden brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer to paper towel to soak up any excess grease. NOTE: Allow cheese crisp to rest for 2 minutes to harden.
- Add a light layer of mayo to the cheese crisp. Top with lettuce leaves and tomato.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and top with bacon. Enjoy.