Breakfast Bowl to Go
I came up with this one on a busy morning. I was getting myself together, making sure the boys were ready for school, checking on the dogs, and my husband asked for a quick breakfast. Seriously Sir? As I internally screamed and externally smiled, I knew just what to make. Everything is in one bowl, ready for you to eat as soon as you pull into work.
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 tbsp ground sausage
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp white onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp shredded cheese
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp salsa (optional)
- 1 tbsp jalapeno cream cheese (optional)
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- nonstick spray
- Cook bacon and ground sausage as desired and set aside.
- Lightly oil a small pan with nonstick spray.
- Add eggs to pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook until scrambled. After eggs are done, set aside.
- In a bowl mix scrambled eggs, tomato, bacon, ground sausage, and onion. Place food in a glass to-go bowl and top with shredded cheese. Add sliced avocado and top with crushed red pepper flakes. Add salsa and cream cheese if desired.