We are not a fast-food family (mainly because I love to cook), but we like to grab McMuffins for breakfast when we take road trips. I decided to start making my own. We dress them up in different ways depending on what ingredients we have. We make these at least once a month.
- 1 whole wheat English muffin
- 2-3 strips of bacon
- 1 sausage patty
- 1 egg
- 1 slice desired cheese (I use pepper jack or Colby pepper jack cheese)
- ½ tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Spinach (optional)
- Cook bacon, sausage patty, and set aside on paper towel discarding any excess grease.
- In a small pan over medium-high heat, add 1/2 tsp olive oil.
- Crack and add 1 egg. Season as desired and flip once one side has cooked.
- Once egg is cooked on both sides, set aside.
- Slice English muffin in half and place in toaster for 2 minutes.
- Place opened English muffin on a small plate. Assemble sandwich as desired. I like to add the cheese to the bottom half of the English muffin or the on top of the egg to ensure it melts.