Brown Sugar Meatloaf
Brown Sugar Meatloaf…? Who has ever heard of such a thing? My boys love meatloaf, and after playing around with some ingredients, this girl gave her 10-year-old meatloaf recipe a face-lift. Easy to make and has the entire house smelling like delicious goodness. This is definitely a family favorite dinner.
- 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup of finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs (I use Club crackers)
- 3/4 cup milk (I use 2% milk)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 5×9 inch loaf pan. I use Pam spray.
- Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup evenly over the sugar.
- In a bowl, mix all remaining ingredients and place on top of ketchup evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear. I usually stick a knife in the middle at the 1 hour mark and if the meatloaf is soft, I let it go a little longer. Keep an eye on it.
- After completely cooked, let rest for 5 minutes, cover with another pan (wider), and flip over. Cut into even slices and enjoy.