Homemade Shredded Chicken Chili
No matter what season, I could make this delicious chili year-round. Add some fresh ingredients atop like avocado, cilantro, or sour cream, and my goodness. You have some yummy, cozy, flavorful chili that is sure to have leftovers.
– 1 cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded without skin (I picked up one from Walmart which was really flavorful)
– 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
– 2 cans white beans (14.5 oz)
– 1 medium onion
– 1 medium jalapeno, fined chopped
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
– 1 tsp chili powder
– 1 tsp coriander
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Chopped cilantro (optional)
– Sour cream (optional)
– Chopped avocado (optional)
1. Shred the cooked chicken without the skin and set aside.
2. Drain and rinse beans. Preserve half of the beans and mash the other half.
3. Add olive oil, garlic, onion, and peppers in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat. Cook for 5 minutes, then add chili powder, coriander, and cumin. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
4. Add chicken stock, the juice of half a lime, beans, and simmer for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, taste and adjust if necessary.
5. Add shredded chicken, cook for 5 minutes. Serve hot in a bowl and top with optional ingredients. Enjoy!