Easy Taco Plate
Want tacos without the extra calories? This Easy Taco Plate hits the spot every time. Quick, simple, and flavorful. Grab a fork and dig in.
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 roma tomato, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp green onion, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Tapatio (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the ground meat.
- Break the meat up while cooking.
- Drain any excess grease from the skillet. Return skillet to the stove and reduce heat to low.
- Add the tomato sauce, chili powder, salt, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin. Stir together until the meat is coated in the sauce.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Plate 1 cup ground meat and top with cheese, tomatoes, avocado, green onions, crushed red pepper flakes, and Tapatio (optional). Enjoy!