Family Rock Activity
The past six weeks have been challenging. Outside of homework and Zoom video calls with teachers, entertaining our children became a real challenge. On top of that, I have a busy schedule working from home, teleconferences, emails, and not skipping a beat as a leader. I wanted us to do an activity other than the traditional UNO or War card games.
MJ is always playing with the rocks in our front yard, so I had a great idea. Let’s paint some rocks. This was an easy, inexpensive activity that cost less than $20. We made ours look like M&Ms and put them outside of our house. This will be a nice eye-catcher when people walk by. MJ made one look like Raphael. Khaleb made one with the Moebius Syndrome symbol.
- rocks (all sizes, but smooth surfaces are best)
- paint brushes (variety of sizes)
- desired color paint (I found the ones pictured for $1 at Walmart)
- glitter, googly eyes, or other accessories
- plastic cup with water
- paper plates
- creativity and imagination
- Line your desired paint area with a towel. You may need more than one depending on your family size.
- Squirt small amounts of every color paint on a paper plate.
- Fill plastic cups halfway with water.
- Paint rocks like you want. Get creative.