Healthy Chicken Fried Rice
Do you know who loves some good ole take-out? This chick. This is a recipe that my oldest son loves to help me make for dinner and one that never has leftovers.
- 1 lb seasoned chicken breast, cooked
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2-4 eggs or 4-6 egg whites
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced for garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, cooking for 4-5 minutes or until onion begins to soften.
- Reduce heat to medium and add eggs stirring frequently, 2-3 minutes or until cooked.
- Add rice, chicken, and soy sauce and stir, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and serve. Garnish with green onion.