Korean Beef and Rice
This is one of my favorite “I don’t have much time, but I need something yummy” meals. The boys love this with jasmine rice, and I add sesame seeds and lots of green onion to mine.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups brown or white rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Green onion, sliced
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Gochujang Korean Chili Sauce (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef. Add minced garlic and break ground beef into crumbles until no longer pink.
- In a small bowl whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Pour the sauce over ground beef and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice. Garnish with green onion, sesame seeds, and Gochujang (optional). Enjoy.