Korean Grilled Chicken Thighs
If anyone knows me, they know that I love good food. It’s something about the soy sauce, crushed red pepper flakes, sesame oil, and brown sugar flavor that I’m addicted to. This is definitely on our menu every single month. We grill at least 2-3 times a week because there’s nothing like even grill marks and yummy flavors.
Maybe this can be a household dinner favorite for you too. Pssssst, there’s also an ingredient that you NEVER would have guessed. It rhymes with schmapple schmoss.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion or 1 tbsp minced onion (dry)
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (you can use green and white parts) (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, apple sauce, onion, sesame oil, ginger, brown sugar, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Place chicken inside a large Ziploc bag and add prepared sauce. Make sure to remove as much air from bag as possible.
- Refrigerate and marinate for 24 hours.
- Over medium-high heat, grill the chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side or until cooked completely.
- Remove from grill and enjoy.