Pan Seared Créole Tilapia
I’ve tried many things with tilapia over the years, but a creole flavor has always been a go-to. I pair this with cauliflower rice and sautéed garlicky green beans because it’s light and delicious.
- 3 tilapia fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1 cup green beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 frozen bag of riced cauliflower
1. In a small bowl, mix cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Set aside.
2. Season tilapia on both sides with seasoning mix.
3. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add tilapia to the skillet.
4. Cook tilapia for 3-4 minutes before being turning. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until tilapia is completely cooked.
5. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat.
6. Add green beans and minced garlic.
7. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Cook riced cauliflower according to package.
9. Plate cooked riced cauliflower and top with green beans and tilapia. Enjoy.