Innnnn west Philadelphia born and raised……just kidding. I’m not from Philly, but I do love a good Philly Cheesesteak. Seasoned steak, veggies, soft hoagie, and gooey cheese. A family favorite for dinner and sometimes lunch.
- 1 lb ribeye steak, thinly sliced
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 onion (I use sweet vidalia onion)
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tbsp light mayo
- 1 tsp olive oil
- garlic powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- If hoagies aren’t pre-sliced, slice hoagie rolls 3/4 of the way through (hollow out extra bread/optional. Slice onions and peppers. Thinly slice steak.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to a pan; cook onions and peppers until caramelized. Transfer to a bowl.
- Increase to medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp of oil. Add steak and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. As steak begins to brown, chop and continue to cook until done.
- Spread a thin layer of mayo on the inside of a toasted hoagie roll.
- Place 2 slices of cheese inside of roll. Add cooked steak, onions, and peppers. Sprinkle with pepper. Enjoy.
Note: We often use Steak-umm; that’s what it’s made for.