Disaster preparedness starts with the mindset that many calamities cannot be foreseen or can be foreseen but are inevitable. Anything could happen. It is your job to take care of yourself and your household before, during, and after disasters. Our family has maintained our survival bags for over eight years.
Here is a definitive list of emergency supplies for survival.
- Family first aid kit
- Supply medicine for at least seven days
- Lots of drinking water
- Special needs of children, older, and persons with disabilities
- Special needs of your pets
- Standalone flashlights
- Candles and matches, glowsticks
- Extra batteries and power banks
- Portable radio
- Water purifier
- Hygiene kit
- Sufficient stock of clothes
- Clean blankets
- Umbrellas, raincoats, and rain boots
- Identification cards
- Secure important documents
- Escape kit
- Extra cash
- Your firearm and ammunition
What else would you add to this list?