Salmon and Salsa
When sweet meets spicy and protein meets healthy fats. This is a fresh, colorful meal that’s perfect for dinner.
- 8 oz salmon fillet
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup pineapple, small cubes
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, sliced, seeds removed
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredient except salmon and set aside.
- Heat a pan on medium-heat and lightly coat with olive oil.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place in pan skin side up. Sear for 1-2 minutes until brown.
- Flip salmon skin side down and cook for 1 minute before transferring to the oven to finish (5 minutes).
- Plate salmon over rice or alone (I use 1/4 cup of brown rice). Add salsa over the salmon. Enjoy.