Don’t you hate it when you get past the top layer of nachos, and you’re left with dry, plain chips? One day, I planned what to do with my crockpot pulled pork leftovers, and my husband had a great idea. Nachos! Dress them up any way you like and enjoy. Talk about delicious.
- 2 1/2 pounds trimmed, boneless pork shoulder (you can also use chicken breast)
- 1/2 cup Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp green onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeno (thinly sliced)
- 1 avocado
- garlic salt
- tortilla chips
- BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Season pork shoulder as desired and place in crockpot. Cover and cook for 4-6 hours on high or 8 hours on low turning every 2 hours. **If using chicken breast instead, cook for 2-4 hours or until chicken shreds easily.**
- Once pork is cooked, place in a large bowl and shred with two forks. Remove and discard any excess fat. Set pulled pork aside. **If using chicken breast instead, cook for 2-4 hours or until chicken shreds easily.**
- Chop tomatoes, red onion, green onion, jalapeno, and set aside.
- Slice the avocado and season with a sprinkle of garlic salt and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, arrange tortilla chips evenly in a single layer.
- Top tortilla chips with pulled pork or chicken and shredded cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes to melt cheese.
- Remove from oven (be careful as skillet handle if hot) and evenly top with BBQ sauce and toppings.
- Share and Enjoy!